What Are The Benefits Of Applying For A National Interest Waiver (NIW)?
U.S Employer Not Required: An EB-2 visa with a NIW application can be filed independently (“self-petition”) without the support or sponsorship of a particular U.S. Employer.
Formal Offer of Employment Not Required: An EB-2 visa with a NIW application can be filed without a job offer or letter of intent to hire from a U.S. employer.
Foreign Labor Certification Not Required: Most Employment-Based Green Card categories require a Foreign Labor Certification prior to the visa application process. This certification process is used to show a shortage of U.S. workers in the labor market in the proposed occupation An EB-2 visa with a NIW application can be filed without this certification.
Coming to the United States to do any of the following are considered national interests:
- To improve the U.S. economy.
- To improve wages and working conditions for U.S. workers.
- To improve education and programs for U.S. children and under-qualified workers.
- To improve health care.
- To provide more affordable housing.
- To improve the U.S. environment and make more productive use of natural resources; or
- An interested government agency supports the request