R.Ramirez Attorneys and counselors

4919 South Jackson Road
Edinburg, TX 78539

Call Now To Get A Detailed Case Evaluation

(956) 766-4000

Servicio 100% en Español

Text Us Now

Servicio 100% en Español

U.S. Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents can petition immigration authorities (USCIS) for eligible family members to immigrate to the United States as residents. The familial connection with the petitioning US Citizen of Resident will determine if eligible family members can apply for U.S. residency immediately or will be subject to wait times.

U.S. Citizens can petition their spouses, children (any age and married or unmarried), parents, siblings, and fiancé(e)s. Legal Permanent Residents can petition their spouses and unmarried children (regardless of age).

Once USCIS approves an immigrant visa petition and a resident visa is available, an eligible family member may apply for residency. Different procedures and time frames apply depending on the person’s physical locations and current U.S. immigration status. Immigration authorities will scrutinize a residency application to ensure applicants are admissible to the United States. This includes a health exam, criminal background check and an evaluation of financial solvency.

Obtaining U.S. Residency for a family member may seem simple but often involves navigating a complex framework of law and regulations and interacting with various government agencies. Our firm has obtained U.S. residency many clients under many different categories including:

  • Adjustment of Status for parents, children and spouses of US Citizens or Residents
  • Consular Processing for U.S. residencies for family members based abroad
  • Fiancée Visas (K Visa)
  • Domestic Violence and victims of certain crimes (VAWA/U Visa )
  • Residency based on prior petitions (245i /Child Status Protection Act (CSPA)
  • Residency for Same-sex Couples
Ricardo Ramirez

Call Now To Get A Detailed Case Evaluation (956) 766-4000

Translate »