R.Ramirez Attorneys and counselors

4919 South Jackson Road
Edinburg, TX 78539

Call Now To Get A Detailed Case Evaluation

(956) 766-4000

Servicio 100% en Español

Text Us Now

Servicio 100% en Español

Visa Overview

The non-immigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visa allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA professionals, to work in the United States in prearranged business activities for U.S. or foreign employers. The TN non-immigrant classification permits qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at a professional level. Among the types of professionals who are eligible to seek admission as TN non-immigrants are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers.

Visa Requirements And Process For Mexican Professionals

Mexican citizens can not apply for TN visa status at the border. You should apply directly at a U.S. consulate in Mexico and present a letter from your prospective U.S. employer offering you a job in the United States, which is included on the NAFTA list of professional occupations. You must also provide a copy of your degree, license, and/or employment records to show that you qualify for the position. You will have to show proof of Mexican citizenship, such as a Mexican passport or Birth Certificate. If the U.S. consulate approves your TN visa application, you may then apply for admission at a U.S. port of entry.

More Information

Ricardo Ramirez

Call Now To Get A Detailed Case Evaluation (956) 766-4000

Translate »